Top 10 allpago highlights 2016
2016 has been a year of expansion, events and industry accolades for allpago. We now cover more than 80% of Latin America’s $78 billion B2C e-commerce market. With the majority of customers in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia and Argentina using only local payment methods and thus more than doubling their revenues, we have become the payment platform of choice for some of the biggest names in global e-commerce operating in the region.
Here are 10 highlights from this year that we are particularly excited about:
- We expanded into Argentina, the third largest e-commerce market in Latin America. There are 34.5 million online shoppers in Argentina that can now buy from global e-commerce companies using local payment methods because of allpago.
- We welcomed Horst Müller, a retail and financial services expert who spent his career shaping the payments landscape in Latin America, to our advisory board. Horst is helping us strengthen relationships with card acquirers, issuers, and other financial institutions as we expand.
- Money 20/20 in Las Vegas was huge for us this year. We were named amongst the world’s top 10 late stage fintech startups and our CEO, Philipp Bock, pitched in the final of 20/20’s StartupPitch180 competition Check out his presentation here.
- Gartner included allpago in its new market guide helping IT and e-commerce leaders understand the evolving Digital Payment Gateway & Payment Services Provider landscape.
- allpago has also deepened its partnership with ACI Pay.On, making our services available with one-click to all users of the ACI Pay.On gateway.
- We spoke on all Latin America related Panels at the Merchant Risk Council events this year in Barcelona, Las Vegas, Seville, Atlanta and Vienna with merchants such as Microsoft about building e-commerce operations and accepting payments in Latin America.
- We were also shortlisted as one of the top three PSPs in the world for best overall service in the Merchant Payment Ecosystem awards.
- Our CEO spoke on a fintech panels at Las Vegas Transact and the Transact Tech event in San Francisco about market disruption and spurring innovation in the financial transactions ecosystem
- South Summit, the European startup conference, named us a top 100 global startup and one of the top 10 companies changing the world of fintech
- After announcing our expansion into Argentina, leading payment publication The Nilson Report profiled allpago in its November issue. You can get hold of a copy (for free) here.
Latin America is one of the fastest-growing regions in the world for e-commerce. There are 110 million active digital buyers in Latin America already; it is fertile ground for international e-commerce merchants.
With most e-commerce customers using local payment methods only, there is a large role for allpago to play in helping to open these markets up to international e-commerce. We are currently working on new research into the Brazilian e-commerce marketing and payments landscape which will help further here, and we are planning the next phase of geographic expansion with a move into Chile.
Thanks for being part of our successes this year. We look forward to working with you in 2017!