Stay in the loop
Sign up for event alerts, as well as insights from our experts.
The result of the survey “System of Indicators of Social Perception (SIPS): Telecommunication Services” undertaken by the Brazilian Institute for Applied Economic Research (Ipea) indicates that landlines are being replaced by mobile technology.
Fixed telephony is available in 54.4% of households. Of the remaining 45.6%, 59.4% use mobile phones as substitute for fixed lines. In 29.2% of the households surveyed, all residents have mobile service while 15.5% answered that there is no cell phone in their residence.
The survey also mapped the perceived quality of telecommunications services. 72.9% of the interviewees considered the landline service satisfactory. Concerning mobile phones, the positive rating was registered by 65.5% of the respondents.
Despite the flaws in the mobile segment, the monitoring of Ipea considers that among the services reviewed, mobile technology segment is the most competitive, at least in the national market.
The survey covered 3.810 households in 212 municipalities across all Brazilian states.
allpago international provides a full-spectrum of payment services in the LATAM region. allpago works as a payment gateway, a white label payment service provider (PSP) or a product and service reseller for merchants and payment service providers interested in the LATAM markets.
allpago’s features include one-click payments, recurring payments, instalments, dynamic descriptor and mobile payment solutions. The company’s html 5.0 code allows multiscreen and is as easy to implement into the store through the “plug and pay” feature. Furthermore, the company offers a fully integrated Risk Management Solution with more than 70 checks. allpago has recently become the first LATAM payment solution provider of the Merchant Risk Council (MRC).
Current clients include Art.com, Busuu.com, McAfee, Teamviewer, Twoo.com and many other leading payment or digital companies from various sectors.
Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Explore other insights
You might enjoy these other nuggets of wisdom.