Make it easy even for customers who are unbanked or don’t have a credit card to shop at your store, by supporting Boku carrier billing at your checkout.
The benefits of supporting carrier bill payment methods
- Carrier billing allows even the world’s 1 billion unbanked consumers to pay and shop online.
- Even users without a smartphone can use carrier billing; a feature phone works just fine.
- Carrier billing is incredibly easy to use, lowering the barrier to purchase.
Boku is an easy-to-use carrier-billing payment method. To pay, customers simply choose Boku at the checkout. The site prompts them to enter their mobile number.
To authorise the payment, Boku sends the customer an SMS message, to which the customer replies with the letter ‘y’, for ‘yes’. Once the customer has authorised the transaction in this way, the cost is added to his or her phone bill.
Boku is available in more than fifty countries and works on over 170 mobile networks worldwide. It also offers a mobile wallet service, where mobile wallets are linked to a mobile number. The prepaid balance can be recharged using various funding sources, including cash.
By supporting this easy, straightforward and inclusive payment method, you lower the barrier to purchase for your customers, broaden your reach and help to increase conversion rates.
Paying with Boku is simple. Just follow these steps:
- At the e-commerce checkout, choose ‘pay by phone bill’.
- The merchant will redirect you to the Boku payment screen.
- When prompted, confirm the amount of the transaction.
- Enter your mobile phone number and press ‘continue’.
- Boku will send you a text message. Reply with the letter ‘y’.
Founded in California, Boku operates worldwide but is most active in North America and Europe.
Got a question?
The friendly folks in our Sales Team will be happy to help, whether you’ve got a question about an e-commerce market or want to know more about what we can do for your business.