As a Senior Risk Manager you will be part of a young and agile team. You are responsible for handling risk related processes within PPRO which are associated with the processing of different payment services and the issuing of e-money for our clients. You are also responsible for coaching, motivating and managing a team of dedicated risk managers to fulfil the departmental objectives. Reporting into the Head of Risk Payment Services, you will also support the senior executives and the Board on risk matters. Your key objective is to mitigate risk for PPRO and our clients; helping to develop and maintain policies and procedures to make this possible.
- Support the Head of Risk Payment Services to Review all payment services and e-money related risks within the organisation, on a timely and proactive manner, to ensure appropriate communication of risks to the management and departments. This includes, but not limited to; transaction monitoring, chargeback monitoring, maintaining risk overview, and evaluating with various teams on a regular basis
- Implement additional risk monitoring and risk mitigation measures and systems
- Lead, manage, coach and motivate a team of risk managers
- Analyse fraud and money laundering trends and risk controls
- Proactively monitor existing, new or emerging criminal activity trends as they relate to PPRO, and develop and recommend strategies to protect the organisation from criminal activities
- Collaborating with acquirers (suppliers) and participate in project management of connecting new acquirers to identify and mitigate possible risks
- Liaise with key clients to mitigate risks for the payment processing
- Primary point of contact for all internal and external relations (banks, payment schemes, clients, and authorities for payment services and e-money risk related issues such as fraud handling)
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the payment processing business
- Manage Boarding and Risk team to meet objectives and outperform expectations
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Finance, Risk, Economics or other related field
- Proven track record in the field of payment risks, including KYC and AML
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the payments and payment risk industry
- Proven track record of managing a team
- Ability to conduct in-depth investigations into business transactions, anticipate and identify trends and patterns of activity or deviations
- Customer focused (understanding “Needs”)
- Good understanding of online payments, related risks, processes and risk documentation
- Analytical, organised, detail and result oriented, working against the highest standards of the quality of your work; you are optimistic and keep your head cool during challenging and demanding times
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written). German is an advantage
WHY JOIN US
- Grow your expertise and career in one of the fastest-growing companies at the forefront of the fast-growing digital payments revolution—without all the stuff slowing you down in big companies
- Gain experience in one of the top 5 industries: Next to biotech, 3D printing, the Internet of Things and AI, FinTech is one of the hottest industries out there
- Be well rewarded for good performance, proactivity and creativity
- Carry out challenging and interesting tasks at the forefront of the online payments movement
- Learn how to get along with just about anybody worldwide. You will work with a highly motivated team comprising members of more than 30 nationalities
PPRO is one of the fastest growing FinTech businesses in Europe, acting as a value-added hub for alternative payment methods servicing Payment Service Providers globally. PPRO’s products and services span the entire payments value chain from acquiring through issuing and processing.
PPRO is a FCA regulated and EU certified financial institution with an e-money license. We are headquartered in London, and with offices in Munich, Cologne, Gibraltar, Sibiu, Luxembourg, and Atlanta.
Our teams are growing rapidly with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. PPRO people are characterised by their desire to succeed, team spirit, high energy, professionalism and willingness to take on complex challenges and find simple, elegant solutions.
Interested? Apply via this link here.