Welcome to the PPRO Group!
PPRO is one of the fastest growing FinTech businesses in Europe, acting as a value-added hub for alternative payment methods servicing Payment Service Providers globally, and offering users and businesses innovative wallet & card payment solutions. PPRO’s products and services span the entire payments value chain from acquiring through issuing and processing.
PPRO is an FCA regulated and EU certified financial institution headquartered in London with offices in several European countries. Our team is growing rapidly with a diverse group of more than 20 nationalities all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. PPRO people are characterized by their desire to succeed, team spirit, high energy, professionalism and willingness to take on complex challenges and find simple, elegant solutions.
We’re looking for a Product Manager Payment Services with proven experience and knowledge in product management for FinTech and payments, with emphasis on payment processing and alternative payment methods (APMs). As part of the PPRO product team you will be driving the product definition, scoping and delivery of payment methods and platform improvements with the goal to give our customers efficient access to payment methods worldwide and contribute to PPRO’s sustainable commercial success, measured in business- and product-specific KPIs. You will drive APM product lifetime development across markets, channels and partners.
The role reports to the Chief Product Officer and is located in Munich.
- You will be a key player in the whole process of payment services, from strategy to product launch.
- You will contribute to the prioritization of the payment services roadmap and strategy, assessing partner and business potential, legal/regulatory needs, market/tech/channels requirements, and effort.
- You regularly conduct and publish market intelligence and competitive analysis on your product and business area.
- You will drive product requirements by collecting, analysing and prioritizing market insights and partner requirements, internalizing new product and tech, and adjust them to your products’ needs building the best offering for B2B partners and B2C users alike.
- You create product specifications for complex products and features, processes and tools, using the right format for the product being built, from classic specifications (business case, scope document, PRD, dependency checklist) to more agile discovery (prototyping, epics, user stories etc.) in scrum.
- You have full product responsibility for each of your products, their functionalities and features, backend tools and processes as well as value-added services to deliver against the payment services strategy.
- You work closely with the development, QA and operational teams to ensure timely and flawless delivery of releases for our partners, ensuring the quality of your products by participating in QA & UAT.
- You develop and monitor KPIs of your products to improve future product performance or use for instant problem solving. You then analyse results and identify potential improvements for your product.
- You support product marketing activities to get your product to market, including pre-sales support, and supporting the marketing and PR teams to develop product specific collaterals.
- You capture past learnings in a systematic way and create product documentation and a knowledge repository.
- You liaise on a regular basis with your manager and team, technology and other relevant teams to ensure product development remains on track and delivers previously agreed objectives.
- You build successful relationships throughout the company across all functions to negotiate and influence solutions and to communicate complex information to all levels across the business.
- You are a focused, proactive self-starter, who can operate in a diverse, open-minded and constantly evolving team environment, working effectively with cross-functional and remote teams in a collaborative manner, able to perform and deliver results even if under pressure.
- You know how to do product: You have strong, proven >3 years product management and requirements analysis experience and understanding how to formulate end-to-end requirements, and have worked with development to get products launched, in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- You know online, the industry and its products: You have strong subject matter knowledge in e-commerce, payment processing, its business models, main players and alternative payment methods.
- You have already collected previous project experience in one or more of following payments areas
- E-commerce, card and APM acquiring projects
- Building or integrating alternative payment methods, like SEPA & bank transfers, wallets, carrier billing, bitcoin, voucher- and cash-based
- Cross-border & multi-currency payments processing and remittance, FX solutions, reconciliation and settlement
- Merchant boarding, merchant wallets
- Risk & fraud detection, scoring and management,
- Compliance and regulation, including but not limited to PSD and FCA
- You know the needed tools for requirements engineering, user testing and other product work such as Microsoft Office, Visio, Balsamiq, Jira, bugzilla, wiki, slack, BI tools like Pentaho.
- You are able to clearly communicate products & features, present business and technical issues, ideas, and recommendations in verbal, written and presentation formats. You set expectations, and deliver possibly difficult messages to internal and external stakeholders, without political agenda.
- You can help PPRO sell by supporting to define sales messages and collaterals as well as supporting sales pitches. Experience in marketing and delivering B2B solutions are a plus.
- You are a hands-on and reliable team player, with good interpersonal skills, bottom-up leadership, and someone people can rely on, supporting your colleagues in need, even if sometimes it’s not your job.
- Curiosity & data drives you, you are detail-orientated with good analytical, problem-solving skills. Including qualitative and quantitative user and market research and internal reviews.
- You are solution-oriented, you see challenges & opportunities, not issues. Always looking for (and suggesting) ways how to handle these, instead of stopping and leaving the issue.
- Previous engineering experience desirable. University degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics or a technical field a plus
In return we are offering:
- Learn how to work in an agile company environment: learn today’s new way of how companies are run and products are built
- Grow your expertise and career in one of the fastest growing companies at the forefront of the fast growing digital payments revolution. Without all the stuff slowing you down in big companies
- Gain experience in one of the top 5 industries worldwide: next to biotech, 3D printing, the Internet of Things and AI, Fintech is one of the hottest industries out there
- Get rewarded well for good performance, proactivity and creativity
- Get challenging and interesting tasks at the front of where online payments is going
- Learn how to get along without just about anybody worldwide: work with a highly motivated team of more than 20 nationalities