As an Issuing Operations Manager you will work to solve problems; examining the root cause of technical and business-blocking errors and monitoring ongoing issues to develop and implement new processes. Whether these issues arise due to a process lacking appropriate resolution pathways, due to structural or technical changes, is systemic and can be solved by implementing a technical solution, or is a one off problem for which a one-off technical solution need be implemented – you will be responsible for seeing it through. Your tasks consist of both periodic tasks, and a constantly evolving day-to-day structure as solutions are developed and problems resolved as encountered or raised.
- You’ll be an integral part of a broader technical operations team that’s focused on defining and developing technical solutions which deliver tangible improvements to the core business.
- You’ll work closely with other teams from the wider business, such as development, engineering and product management who work together to offer customers a stable and reliable product.
- You’ll use your great research, data analysis and decision-making skills to juggle the wide range of varied issues and bug-fixes which come your way.
- You’ll work with a variety of internally developed software systems to manage financial money flows and customer experiences as well as developing and seeing through improvements to these systems.
- You’ll be confident in your ability to assess and take responsibility of the financial impact of decisions made as part of the job
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A Master’s degree in a scientific or technical field
- Experience with or knowledge of technical development, database structuring and limitations, information processing and APIs
- The willingness and ability to learn new technical systems, as all day-to-day software has been internally developed and maintained
- The ability to build effective relationships across all levels of the business
- The ability to follow the logic structure of code and to work with Developers; offering constructive suggestions when discussing improvements or changes, and avoid suggesting “obviously” unworkable solutions
- Any experience in Finance and Accounting – any money/transactions handling experience will be advantageous and preferred (for hopefully obvious reasons)
- Coding experience or broad knowledge. Actual coding is not required, however experience with either Python or C++ will be advantageous and preferred.
- Any experience with card schemes, Mastercard or Visa, preferably but not exclusively in Issuing or Processing
- A “can-do” attitude
- Authenticity, diplomacy and drive
PPRO is one of the fastest growing FinTech businesses in Europe, acting as a value-added hub for alternative payment methods servicing Payment Service Providers globally. PPRO’s products and services span the entire payments value chain from acquiring through issuing and processing.
PPRO is a FCA regulated and EU certified financial institution with an e-money license. We are headquartered in London, and with offices in Munich, Cologne, Gibraltar, Sibiu, Luxembourg and Atlanta.
Our teams are growing rapidly with a diverse group of more than 32 nationalities, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. PPRO people are characterised by their desire to succeed, team spirit, high energy, professionalism and willingness to take on complex challenges and find simple, elegant solutions.