As a DevOps Engineer, your heart beats for software development and system administration. You’ve always felt at home in both worlds, and believe that you can be the bridge between Infrastructure and Development. With your extensive experience in Unix and coding, it’s always easy for you to make the necessary changes in the infrastructure to ensure a fast and reliable deployment of the development package. With every iteration, you adjust and improve the processes and automate as much as possible. Your desk will be located in Munich, but your impact will be global.
- Fast and reliable deployment of freshly developed software packages into our infrastructure
- Collaboration with the development team to improve the processes and the infrastructure
- Help PPRO automate every aspect of repetitive work (when the coffee delivery to the desk is automated, then your job is done)
- Offer testing self-service to development teams, for improving the quality assurance procedures
- Automate repetitive administrative tasks
- Monitoring of the workload of critical systems and predict necessary changes to cope with future workload and projects
- At a later stage: Part of the on-call cycle
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Expert in FreeBSD, Unix or Linux
- Actual programming or configuration experience with at least three components of our native stack (NginX, C++/Python/Ice, uWSGI/PHP/FCGI, MariaDB/MySQL, Reacht/JS, FreeBSD Jails)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP Networking
- Daily hands-on experience with DevOps Admin tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Expert experience with Continuous Integration tools (Buildbot / Jenkins)
- Good experience with monitoring system setup and deployment (Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix)
- Expert troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Good social skills to win the hearts of the developers while presenting your great concepts
- Very good English skills are a must (German is an advantage)
PPRO is one of the fastest growing FinTech businesses in Europe, acting as a value-added hub for alternative payment methods servicing Payment Service Providers globally. PPRO’s products and services span the entire payments value chain from acquiring through issuing and processing.
PPRO is a FCA regulated and EU certified financial institution with an e-money license. We are headquartered in London, and with offices in Munich, Cologne, Gibraltar, Sibiu, Luxembourg and Atlanta.
Our teams are growing rapidly with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. PPRO people are characterised by their desire to succeed, team spirit, high energy, professionalism and willingness to take on complex challenges and find simple, elegant solutions.
Interested? Apply via this link here.