We are looking for a Compliance Monitoring Manager with experience and knowledge in Compliance to join our rapidly expanding global team. As a member of the Compliance team you will be responsible for monitoring the regulated activities within PPRO. You will ensure the functions covered by FCA regulation are carried out according to PPRO Policies and Procedures and relevant UK regulations.
You will be a part of a Compliance team comprised of ten experienced Compliance professionals who are based across PPRO’s offices in London, Munich, Gibraltar and Luxembourg.
The Compliance function is critical to ensure the business operates to the highest standard and in accordance with applicable laws, and with minimal regulatory risk. The Compliance Monitoring Manager’s role is key to achieving this and we require someone with the highest levels of integrity and competence, who can deliver consistently to the standard required. The person appointed will need to work in an independent fashion and collaborate with the Compliance team.
This role reports to the Director of Compliance and MLRO and will require frequent travel between PPRO’s offices.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining an effective monitoring programme, ensuring the regulated activities comply with FCA regulation
- Developing and enhancing the current programme to ensure it meets the needs of a growing business
- Maintaining documentation and records in relation to outsourced agreements
- Reviewing relevant policies and procedures and recommending to the business appropriate updates and amendments
- Compiling Management Information for Senior Management
- Assisting the Director of Compliance and MLRO with the day-to-day running of the Compliance department as required
- Oversight and Quality Assurance of the regulated aspects of work carried out across the business including:
- On-boarding and due diligence
- Transaction monitoring
- Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Data requests from police and other external bodies
- Mandatory training
- Complaints management
- PEPs and sanctions checking
- FCA reporting and communications
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Compliance or Audit related role; with knowledge of and experience in an FCA-regulated business
- Good knowledge of Issuing and Acquiring and Alternative Payment Methods
- Familiar with E-Money, Money Laundering, and Payment Services Directives, and UK AML regulations (JMLSG)
- Experience of dealing with consumers within a Compliance context
- Hands-on, reliable team player with an ability to work independently without supervision
- Focused, pro-active self-starter who can operate in a diverse open-minded and constantly evolving team environment
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams and with remote functions in a collaborative manner
- Performs well under pressure and delivers results
- Finds and implements solutions to challenges, and looks for opportunities to make improvements to existing processes and systems and controls
PPRO is one of the fastest growing FinTech businesses in Europe, acting as a value-added hub for alternative payment methods servicing Payment Service Providers globally. PPRO’s products and services span the entire payments value chain from acquiring through issuing and processing.
PPRO is a FCA regulated and EU certified financial institution with an e-money license. We are headquartered in London, and with offices in Munich, Cologne, Gibraltar, Sibiu, Luxembourg, and Atlanta.
Our teams are growing rapidly with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. PPRO people are characterised by their desire to succeed, team spirit, high energy, professionalism and willingness to take on complex challenges and find simple, elegant solutions.