In the role of Accounting Manager you are responsible for supervising, tracking and evaluating the day-to-day activities. Furthermore, you are responsible for establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting information. The role reports to the Head of Finance and will be based in Munich, Germany.
- Preparation of statutory accounts on a monthly basis, ensuring that annual financial statements are compliant with appropriate accounting standards (e.g. HGB and IFRS)
- Preparation and reconciliation of the monthly VAT accounts and returns for the German tax group and supporting general tax topics
- Managing the daily accounts function, including purchase and sales ledger activities, debt collection management and intercompany reconciliations
- Act as a DATEV champion to address queries from colleagues whilst suggesting efficient and viable solutions for DATEV accounting issues
- Reconciliation and controlling of balance sheet and profit and loss accounts to help the substantiation process with a particular emphasis on accruals management
- Management of chart of accounts and development of general financial processes
- Preparation of accurate accounting papers to support complex accounting/financial reporting issues
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Accountancy or Finance degree, or relevant qualification or experience (e.g. Bilanzbuchhalter)
- Profound know-how and experience in HGB, local tax (IFRS knowledge preferred)
- Fluency in German and English is a must – oral and written
- Very good working knowledge of DATEV and Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within cross-cultural teams
- Hands-on, reliable, team player, result-oriented
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience in similar role within an accounting department
WHY JOIN US
- Grow your expertise and career in one of the fastest-growing companies at the forefront of the fast-growing digital payments revolution—without all the stuff slowing you down in big companies
- Gain experience in one of the top 5 industries: Next to biotech, 3D printing, the Internet of Things and AI, FinTech is one of the hottest industries out there
- Be well rewarded for good performance, proactivity and creativity
- Carry out challenging and interesting tasks at the forefront of the online payments movement
- Learn how to get along with just about anybody worldwide. You will work with a highly motivated team comprising members of more than 30 nationalities
PPRO is one of the fastest growing FinTech businesses in Europe, acting as a value-added hub for alternative payment methods servicing Payment Service Providers globally. PPRO’s products and services span the entire payments value chain from acquiring through issuing and processing.
PPRO is a FCA regulated and EU certified financial institution with an e-money license. We are headquartered in London, and with offices in Munich, Cologne, Gibraltar, Sibiu, Luxembourg, and Atlanta.
Our teams are growing rapidly with a diverse group of more than 32 nationalities, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. PPRO people are characterised by their desire to succeed, team spirit, high energy, professionalism and willingness to take on complex challenges and find simple, elegant solutions.
Applications can be submitted either in English or in German here: